P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
October/November/December 2007 Yule Log?
- "An Introduction ". . . by Editor Janet Milne, CPC #1563. Janet introduces herself and tells how she came to be interested in collecting stamps.
- "Sovereign Military Order of Malta - - Christmas Issues 1993-2006" by Patricia Prevey, CPC #971. Pat provides a background on the SMOM and lists the stamps from 1993-2006. You can visit the SMOM website at http://www.orderofmalta.org
Stamp Stories: Christmas Cover from Austria. . . by Pastor Wilmer Bloy, CPC #1363 . . . Illustrated is a cover sent from Austria to Wisconsin December 14, 1987 using three different stamps including the 1987 Christmas issue depicting the authors of the hymn Silent Night. Pastor Bloy discusses the stories behind each of the stamps.
- "Stamp Shows Always a Good Place to find Christmas Covers " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. Illustrated in colour are several Christmas covers Richard picked up at recent stamp shows he has attended. Shown and described are a registered cover from Germany showing two 2001 Christmas semi-postals; a colourful registered cover from Paraguay, South America franked with two values of the 1978 nine-stamp Christmas set and a pair of commemoratives; two Cameroon covers and two postcards franked with Christmas stamps of Finland and Monaco.
- "An Interview with Stamp Designer, Jennifer Toombs" by Janet Milne, CPC #1563. An interesting interview with stamp designer Jennifer Toombs, including how she celebrates Christmas. A list of the Christmas stamps designed by Jennifer Toombs 1967-2006 is included in the article as well as some illustrations of some of her designs.
- "Christmas Philatelic Club Auction #100" with Mary Turner, CPC #720...35 lot auction including United States Christmas booklet panes, European Christmas cancels on covers; First Day Covers; Nikolaus/St. Nickolaus cancels from Germany; and two hardcover books "The Truth About Christmas."
- "CPC Covers
from the 2006 March Party" . . . now available from Vice-president Joan Klimchalk.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744