P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
July/August/September 2007 Yule Log?
- "Postmarks Tell the Christmas Story ". . . by Richard
L. Beecher, CPC #987. A variety of slogan postmarks and meter slogans are shown on covers, each referencing a part of the Christmas story.
- FACEBOOK.com - A New Way for CPCers to Communicate ...by Kathy Ward ...CPC members are invited to join a FACEBOOK GROUP that has been set up for the Christmas Philatelic Club. To find the group, members should type the words Christmas Philatelic in the Facebook Search engine.
- "Rare Canadian Christmas Stamp Errors" Bob's Column....by Robert A. Haslewood. Illustrated is a strip of 4 stamps 608ii, a rare repellex error on the 10 cents Canada Christmas candle stamps.
Stamp Stories: A Christmas Stamp from the Millennium. . . by Pastor Wilmer Bloy, CPC #1363 . . . Pastor Bloy discusses in detail the 19p Great Britain Christmas stamp issued November 2, 1999 depicting the carol "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". He gives us a background on the carol as well as the artist who designed the stamp. The other stamps in the set are briefly described. The cover of the Yule Log show a Millennium cover that shows all four stamps.
- "Recap of ATA Show 2007" .. . . by Linda Lawrence, CPC #1040 Linda describes CPC events at the ATA Show in Irving, Texas. Several pictures accompany the article.
- "Christmas Philatelic Club Auction #99" with Mary Turner, CPC #720...58 lot auction including Christmas stamps worldwide, Berlin Event Covers, souvenir sheets, and cacheted covers.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744