P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
January/February/March 2009 Yule Log?
- "Christmas in Paradise " ... by John P. Renyhart , CPC #1575... John shares with readers a visit to the National Christmas Center located in Paradise, PA. The 22,000 square foot building houses a museum, gift shop and cafe. Check out the
Center's website: National Christmas Center
- A Place Called Hope" ...by Christine Sanders, CPC #1766 ....Christine shows the location and populations of 12 places called Hope in the United States. Several covers from places called Hope are illustrated. Christine shares information about the origins of places named Hope.
- "Christmas Stamp Stories: Stamps From a Bible Manuscript " . . . by Wilmer Bloy CPC #1663. Wilmer gives details about the colourful series of Christmas stamps issued by England in 1991. The stamps illustrated in colour in the Yule Log depict medieval Christmas illustrations taken from a 14th century Biblical manuscript.
- "What's In Your Mailbox?" .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. Richard describes and illustrates some of the kinds of stamped mail from all over the world that he receives and can add to his Christmas covers collection. The covers include a cover from Austria with a pair of Austria's 2008 Weihnachten stamps, along with a Christkindl frama label, all tied with a special 'child with a tree' Weihnachten hand cancel; and a Christmas card sent from the US to Canada that was returned to sender for insufficient postage and then sent on to Richard with an additional .50 postage label applied and tied by a double-ring hand cancel to both the label and the nutcracker ATM stamp.
- "A Theodor Seuss Geisel First Day Cover in a Christmas Collection?!!! " ... by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810 . . . Christina illustrates a 37 cent Theodor Seuss Geisel stamp FDC. Why does Christine include this in her Christmas collection? Dr. Seuss was the author of the children's classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Looking closely at the stamp, you can see the Grinch in his Santa cap just to the right of Dr. Seuss' bow tie.
- Christmas Philatelic Club Auction #103 . . . by Mary Turner CPC #720 ...worldwide Christmas stamps; FDCs worldwide; miscellaneous covers, postal cards, Portugal Boas Festas cards;maxi cards, and Hummel Christmas Cover Collection by the Postal Commemorative Society in 56 cover album.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744