P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
January/February/March 2008 Yule Log?
- "Message of Introduction from Your President Walton Beauvais"
- "Our Next CPC Gathering ". . . NAPEX 2008, June 6-8, 2008, Hilton McLean Tysons Corner Hotel, 7920 Jones Branch Drive, McLean Virginia
Stamp Stories: A Philatelic Twelve Days of Christmas". . . by Pastor Wilmer Bloy, CPC #1363 . . . St. Helena's 2006 and 2007 Christmas issues depict The Twelve Days of Christmas. Pastor Bloy discusses the origins of the song and describes the hidden religious meanings of the gifts. The stamps are illustrated in full colour.
- "Bob's Column" . . . by Robert A. Haslewood One of the rarest Christmas Stamp booklets is illustrated. The booklet (Canada 1259a) resulted from a cutting error....there are no vertical perforations between the stamps. Only 3 such booklets have been discovered.
- Youth Stamp Design Contest Draws 146 Entries ...by Jane King Fohn
Alyssa Vargas' drawing of a horse, her foal, a sheep, an angel and the manger with Jesus won the Texas Philatleic Association's 2007 Youth Holiday Stamp Design contest. The winning design was featured on the Nov/Dec issue of The Texas Philatelist.
- "Canada's 1970 Christmas Issue, Part 3 " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. Illustrated in full colour on several covers are various uses of the 10 cents value of the 1970's Canadian series of Christmas stamps (i.e. airmail rate to the USA, additional postage to pay for special services - registered covers, special delivery).
- Do you think of Washington DC as a Christmas City? . . . by May Day Taylor, CPC #1039. Washington DC is the site of CPC's next gathering June 6-8, 2008 at NAPEX. May points out several reasons why Washington can be thought of as a Christmas City. Washinton DC is the location of the National Christmas Tree since the tradition began in 1923. Washington DC has been the site of more First Day Ceremonies for the traditional Christmas stamps than any other city or state. Washington DC is the repository of more original traditional philatelic Christmas art than any other place in America.
- "Sovereign Military Order of Malta - - Christmas Issues 1993-2006" by Patricia Prevey, CPC #971. Pat provides a background on the SMOM and lists the stamps from 1993-2006. You can visit the SMOM website at http://www.orderofmalta.org
- "Exhibiting Tips". . . by Denise Stotts Denise answers a question from CPC member Christine Sanders who wants to prepare an exhibit and is looking for a good resource on how to do it.
- Christmas Checklist - Corrections and Updates 2006 . . . by Patricia Prevey, CPC #971 Aitutaki - Zimbabwe.
- "CPC Covers
from the 2006 March Party" . . . now available from Vice-president Joan Klimchalk.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744