P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
April/May/June 2008 Yule Log?
- "Jotted by June" . . . June Berwald ... an update from June as to her recent health problems.
- "WHOA! I Finally Got One!" ... by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810 Christina shares her recent find of a snowman #1CVP39 37 personal computer postage (issued in November, 2005 used on a cut square found in a box of assorted US stamps.
- "Do You Think of Washington, D.C. as a Christmas City?-- Addendum" . . . by May Day Taylor, CPC #1039 ...May Day continues to find Christmas Connections of US Christmas stamps to Washington, D.C.
- Exhibiting at a Post Office . . . Roberta Olson, CPC #1517 ...Roberta shares her experience of having a Christmas FDC exhibit put up in her local Post Office in honor of the 45th anniversary of U.S. Christmas stamps.
- "Canada's 1970 Christmas Issue, Part 4 " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. The final article in the series looks at the Canada 1970 Christmas issue's 15 cent value. The purpose of the 15c value was to pay the basic airmail letter or card rate to Europe and the Americas, save for the U.S. Several covers are illustrated in colour and explanations as to the usages.
- "Getting Started - A Primer on Christmas Seal Collecting" . . . by John Denune, Jr.CPC #807 . . . John briefly describes the history of the Christmas Seal and goes into detail about the various aspects of Christmas Seal collecting and related terms and abbreviations.
- "Two Unusual Christmas Covers or A Very Different Celebration" ... by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810 . . . Illustrated are two covers commemorating the final day of the Soviet Union, with a Christmas Day postmark. December 25, 1991.
- "Canada Post Partners with Santa ". . . by Tony Shaman, Editor, The Canadian Philatelist. Reprinted with permission. Tony illustrates and describes in detail Canada Post's Santa letter-writing program.
- "CPC Covers
from the 2006 March Party" . . . now available from Director Joan Klimchalk.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744