P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
October/November/December 2008 Yule Log?
- "Lithuanian Christmas Cancellations" . . .Ronald W. Yankowski ... Ronald shows pictures of several Christmas cancellations from Lithuania and gives us a bit of history to this area which celebrates its thousandth year as a state in 2009.
- "A Response to the Article on Christmas, Florida " ... by John P. Renyhart , CPC #1575... John shows one of his covers that he sent to Christmas Florida for a green Christmas tree hand stamp in 1957. Not only did he receive the special green Christmas tree stamp but his cover was signed by postmaster Joanita Tucker.
- "Collecting British Christmas Postmarks " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. Richard describes and illustrates several British covers that promote the Christmas holiday.
- "Santa's Travels. . .Not Only With Reindeer" . . . by John P. Renyhart , CPC #1575 Well illustrated in colour, John describes the many modes of travel that Santa uses on his Christmas Eve travels.
- "Christmas Stamp Stories: When Christmas and Space Came Together" . . . by Wilmer Bloy CPC #1663. Story of Christmas and space exploration by father Wilmer and son Steven. A special cover is illustrated that commemorates the celebration of the birth of Christ and man's first lunar orbit on Christmas Eve, 1968.
- "Two Naval Covers from the Collection of Douglas Moss " ... by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810 . . . Christina illustrates two naval covers with Christmas cachets and Dec. 25 cancellations.
- "America's Christmas Tree" . . .by Janet Milne, CPC #1563 ...Janet describes and illustrates a cover from her collection which included a picture of a large sequoia tree and a stamp "America's Xmas Tree, Grant National Park 1938." This prompted Janet to research America's Christmas Tree in Grant National Park. She shares the information she found and shows another cover with a cachet showing General Grant Tree, Nation's Christmas Tree.
- "Christmas in July" by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810 . . .Christina shows the latest cover in her "Christmas In...." cover
- "Unique Holiday Postmark Available December 1" Instructions on how to get a pictorial holiday postmark from Santa Claus IN 47579-9998.
- Christmas Philatelic Club Auction #101 . . . by Mary Turner CPC #720 ...worldwide Christmas stamps; maxi cards, aerogrammes, seals, charity post seals, Christmas scenes from the movies as Greeting Cards; sheets from Portuagal, Brazil letter sheet, and miscellaneous lots.
- Creating a Cover Can Be a Family Affair" by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810 Christina shows a cover she inspired that her mom and step-dad helped create.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744