P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the May/June 2007 Yule Log?
- "Canada's 1970 Christmas Issue - Part 2 ". . . by Richard
L. Beecher, CPC #987. Twelve stamps depicting paintings by Canadian school children were issued by Canada in 1970. Covers showing the six-cents issue are illustrated and paying different postage rates.
- "A Mystery Cover or A 50 cents Find - Things That Make One Go Hum. . . . by Christina Howland-Stitt, CPC #810. Christina illustrates a cover with a Mail Early for Christmas slogan cancel but no evidence of a stamp mailed from Louisville, Kentucky 1944.
- "Some Favorite Christmas Covers " . . . by Tom Neufer Emswiler, CPC #894. Tom illustrates in full color some of his favorite Christmas First Day Covers. Tom likes covers that not only relate to the stamp being issued but also take things a step further and encourage us to think in new ways about the meaning of some of these important events commemorated on stamps.
Stamp Stories: A Christmas Maxim Card. . . by Pastor Wilmer Bloy, CPC #1363 . . . Illustrated on the front cover of this Yule Log is a 1967 Christmas Maxim card with Christmas stamps from four different countries and a first day cancel from Bethlehem Georgia tying all four stamps.
- "Yule Log Wins Silver" ....For the second year in a row the Yule Log won a Silver Award in the Philatelic Literature, Category B, Society Journals and Periodicals. Congratulations to our editor Tom Neufer Emswiler and all the writers of articles for the Yule Log.
- "Christmas Philatelic Club Auction #98" with Mary Turner, CPC #720...65 lot auction including Christmas meters, many First Day Covers (Doris Gold, Colorano silk, Gill Craft, Artcraft, Artmaster, and many other cachet artists) and a collection of information on Christkindl cancels.
- "Preserving Stamps and Covers" by George Saqqal ....a Book Review by Tom Neufer Emswiler, CPC #894.
- Yule Log Editor to Step Down . . by Tom Neufer Emswiler, CPC #894. Readers who are interested in taking over this position are asked to contact President June Berwald.
- "CPC Covers
from the 2006 March Party" . . . now available from Vice-president Joan Klimchalk.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744