P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
July/August/September 2010 Yule Log?
- "A Keepsake Box " by Lawrence Stotter, CPC #1825. Lawrence shares photos of a keepsake box he mailed to his granddaughter last Christmas. He decorated a Priority Mail box with Christmas seals and stamps.
- "A Small Collection for a New Friend" ....by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810. President Christina describes and illustrates dogs on US Christmas stamps.
- "Madonna and Child: Universal Icon of Christmas" by Christine C. Sanders, CPC # 1766. Madonna and Child on stamps and FDCs are explored in this article. Christine illustrates dozens of colourful FDCs and several first day postmarks used on the 2005 Royal Mail Christmas Issue.
- "The 1963 U.S. Christmas Issue " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. Richard shows several different interesting uses of the 1963 U.S. Christmas tree stamp on cover.
- "Recap of our CPC Get Together " . . .CPC members met at the August 12-15, 2010 StampShow in Richmond, Virginia. Members attended from various cities across the US and Canada.
- "Kathy Ward's Summer Vacation ".... by Kathy Ward, CPC #787. This past summer Art and Kathy enjoyed a photojourney to Nova Scotia. A stop at the Christmas Island post office was included on the agenda. The Christmas Island Main Post Office, 8499 Grand Narrows Hwy, Christmas Island, Nova Scotia B1T 1R7 still use a Christmas wreath postmark to cancel mail at Christmas time.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744