P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
January/February/March 2010 Yule Log?
- "2009 Christmas Stamps of Serbia" ... stamps showing frescoes of the Ephiphany and Christ's Birth and a First Day Cover are illustrated in full colour. More information at Jugomarka Website.
- "Words from Walton, CPC Past President" ....byWalton Beauvais ....annouces the next meeting of the Christmas Philatelic Club is to be held in conjunction with the American Philatelic Society's Annual Stampshow in Richmond, Virginia August 12-15, 2010.
- "Favorite 2009 Christmas Stamp " . . . by Wilmer Bloy CPC #1663. Christmas Stamp Stories writer Wilmer Bloy describes and illustrates his favorite Christmas stamp of Ireland depicting the Gospel account of the Nativity.
- "The Christmas Stamps of Dahomey and Benin, Part 3 " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. In this Yule Log, Richard describes the issues from the 1980s. Benin postal officials began the practice of surcharging existing stamp stock with new values. In some cases they even placed old Dahomey stamp stock back into service by overprinting the new country name over the old one. Richard illustrates four of the elusive covers showing examples of these overprinted/surcharged stamps used for postage.
- "Christmas Checklist ".... by Pat Prevey, CPC #971. Pat presents updates to her Christmas issues checklist.
- "Christina H. Stitt's Mini-collection of Cachets & Cancels Christmas 2009".... Christina, CPC #810 illustrates some of the covers and cancels she collected for Christmas 2009
- "What Holiday?" ....by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810. Christina illustrates an October 8, 2009 New York NY 10199 cancel with wording declaring a 'Winter Holidays.' Christina is wondering which winter holidays is it referring to?
- "Bad and Good 2009 Christmas Cancels " . . . by Wilmer Bloy CPC #1663. Illustrated are two versions of the cancel from Wausau WI depicting Kermit the Frog with a Santa hat and holding an envelope that reads, "A Muppets Christmas, Letters to Santa."
- "A Fun Winter Christmas Cover" . . . by Wilmer Bloy CPC #1663. Wilmer illustrates one of his favorite winter covers depicting the 2002 U.S. Christmas stamps featuring four snowmen.The cover illustrated in colour has a cachet which covers the entire cover. It shows four snow characters enjoying the snowy landscape.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744