P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
April/May/June Yule 2010 Yule Log?
- "A Christmas Connection? Really?" ....by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810. Christina describes why the 44 cents USA Gene Autry stamp is included in her Christmas collection.
- ``The Christmas Card that was Never Received`` by Robert A. Haslewood....illustrated is a Christmas card sent in December of 1939 from England to the Netherlands. The cover shows it was returned to sender by the censor and an enclosure states that cards sent to neutral countries during the war were forbidden.
- `Bethlehem Lost: I. Overview and the Search Begins in Iowa`` and `Bethlehem Lost: II. The Search Continues in South Dakota`` by W. Eugene Sanders, Jr. ...an indepth study of towns named Bethlehem whose post offices have either been discontined (DPOs) or have been ``overlooked`` altogether by the USPS. Bethlehems in Iowa and South Dakota are discussed in detail while a listing of other defunct and `lost`Bethlehems in the United States are listed.
- "A Trip to London`s Stampex and Philatex " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. Richard describes four covers representing mail from four independent African nations that are former French colonies. Covers from Melong, Chad, Togo and Upper Volta (now called Burkina Faso) with Christmas stamps are illustrated.
- "Sixty Years of Christkindl Postmarks " . . . by Wilmer Bloy CPC #1663. Wilmer briefly describes the story of Christkindl, Austria and illustrates Christkindl stamps and covers of 2009.
- "Amsterdam to Batvia Christmas Flight of 1933".... by Suzanne Yankowski, CPC #849. Suzanne relates the details of the Netherlands triangular stamps and the mail they sent and in particular the Amsterdam to Batvia Christmas Flight of 1933. Several covers are illustrated.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744