P.O. Box 744
all year long...
Christmas Philatelic Club
What's in the
April/May/June Yule Log?
- "Wow is Right " ...by Christine Sanders, CPC #1766 ....Inspired by Wilmer Bloy's article on Great Britain's 1991 Christmas stamps, Christine shows six beautifully cacheted and cancelled FDCs of this set of stamps.
- "The Christmas Florida Post Office, Part 1: Special Cachets and Cancels " ...by Christine Sanders, CPC #1766 ....an indepth review of the cachets and cancels from the Christmas Florida Post Office. 51 illustrations accompany this excellent update of the Christmas Florida Post Office.
- "Christmas Greeting Card Covers from Japan " .. . . by Richard Beecher, CPC #987. Richard shows four covers from Japan showing a Christmas theme. Unusual as Japan has never traditionally issued annual Christmas stamps. In recent years, though, it has issued some stamps and cancels with only the most secularized images of the Christmas holiday.
- "A response to Christina Stitt's article on the Dr. Seuss stamp that appeared in the Jan/Feb/Mar 2009 issue of the Yule Log" ...by Roberta Olson, CPC #1517. Roberta illustrates three cacheted FDCs she designed for the issuance of the Dr. Seuss stamp March 2, 2004.
- "Before Christmas Stamps " . . . by Wilmer Bloy CPC #1663. Wilmer shows three Christmas covers from the early 20th century.
- "Christmas Checklist: Corrections and Updates - 2007-2008" . . . by Patricia Prevey, CPC #971 Christmas Stamps Checklist
- "How a Non-CPCer looks at a Cover " ... by Christina H. Stitt, CPC #810 . . . Christina illustrates a Dec. 25, 1945 Navel
Cover with labels identifying terms used by a Universal Ship Cancel Society member.
- Christmas Philatelic Club Auction #104 . . . by Mary Turner CPC #720 ...U.S. mint unfolded Booklet panes; worldwide covers (Christkindl, Austria, Belgium); Canada Stick 'n Tick kit; mint stamps; postcards; postcards from Santa Claus places; December 25 cancelled covers; Mail Early slogan postmarks; Santa Claus USSR cover collection.
To see some of the regular columns in the Yule Log,
return to the Yule Log page.
The Yule Log is edited by Jon Mills of Ottawa, Ontario. Christine Sanders of Englewood, Florida is the club's
The invitation to
membership in the Christmas Philatelic Club is open to any Christmas topical philatelist
who is seriously interested in associating with those who collect likewise.
Current dues are $20 per
year for persons living in North America. Other Countries: $30.00 (US funds). Send an
international money order in US dollars.
Applications for membership
are available from Secretary/Treasurer Jim Balog, PO Box 744, Geneva, Ohio 44042-0744 USA or complete this Application Form and send it to the secretary's address..
For a sample issue of the Yule Log, send
P.O. Box 744